- Debashish, does Kireet Joshi say anything about how exactly genetic alterations/mutations or physical changes in DNA affect "consciousness"?
- For that matter does anyone?
- What might be the physical basis for the connection?
- True - mutations are the basis of several diseases - but is "consciousness" regulated or influenced by specific or groups of genes as well?
- Can we at least speculate as to how sensory awareness and mental capacities of an organism distinguish themselves from "consciousness" at the genetic level.
Scientists are very close, I think, to understanding the functions of various genes individually and in association with others, but I am not so sure that they can make the distinction, at least not yet.